Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Results of Poll

Results of Poll:
What do you believe is the greatest hinderance to growth facing the Australian Church of the Nazarene?

Top Five Answers (voters could vote for more than one issue):

1) No clear Vision for the future (73%) 11 votes
2) Apathy and Other Reasons (both 60%) 9 Votes each
3) Stuck in the Past (53%) 8 Votes
4) Ageing Congregation (40%) 6 votes
5)Lack of Pastors (24%) 4 Votes

Any thoughts or opinions on these results?

(See full results below)

Lack of Pastors
4 (26%)

Lack of Lay Leaders
3 (20%)

Lack of Good Holiness Preaching
2 (13%)

Ageing Congregations
6 (40%)

Not Enough Hymns Being Sung
0 (0%)
No clear Vision for the Future
11 (73%)

Nothing, we are doing fine
0 (0%)
Nobody Cares about Holiness anymore
2 (13%)

The Emerging Church
1 (6%)

New Contemporary Worship Music and it's Influence
3 (20%)

I am Not Sure
0 (0%)
Stuck in the Past
8 (53%)

I Don't Care
0 (0%)
Apathy
9 (60%)

Other Reasons not listed
9 (60%)

1 comment:

  1. I;m really interested that 'Vision' or rather a lack of it was seen as the main reason for our church decline.

    I can only speak personally, but for me vision works on 3 levels; personal, church and district.

    My personal vision is really my own responsibility and involves my family and my own journey of faith.

    My church vision is one that I am especially passionate about since coming to Croydon Park. This is a vision that has come about through many discussions with Ps. Lydia and Ps. Raphael and our church board. It is still being discussed and I imagine always will be.

    The district vision I don't have that much to do with. I currently sit on the SDMI board but I'm not really involved in any of the bigger decisions of our church on a district level.

    If people believe that there is a lack of vision I wonder what they are doing to create one? Personally - there really is no one else who can do this for us. In terms of a church vision - if I didn't have a vision for the church I was in, then I'd probably be looking to move on. And as for the District, I guess that one is up for grabs at the moment.

    Perhaps its more a case of COMMUNICATING the vision that people/churches/districts have?

    ReplyDelete

Visitors